The flu, also called influenza, is an infectious respiratory disease exacerbated by a virus that infects the nose, throat, and lungs.
Even if the symptoms are typical, the flu can cause critical illness and can be life-threatening in some individuals. The flu has a hefty toll on the elderly.
Older individuals are at a greater risk of severe flu symptoms, such as bacterial influenza, vomiting, and deterioration of other medical problems, including heart failure, asthma, and lung disease, compared to younger people.
Flu-related hospitalizations and fatalities are most common in people aged 65 and over, accounting for 50 to 70 percent of all flu-related hospitalizations and 70 to 90 percent of flu-related deaths.
However, if you are diagnosed with flu, you should visit the best general physician doctor in Bhopal to receive the most effective flu treatment in Bhopal.
First, let’s know about,
The flu is not the same as a cough. Cold symptoms usually are milder than flu symptoms, and people with colds are more likely than flu patients to experience a runny or stuffy nose.
The flu usually strikes unexpectedly, with more severe effects. The following are some of the common flu symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
Now, let’s know,
What to do if you have flu?
If you have flu-like symptoms, you can stay at home and avoid contact with anyone unless you get medical attention.
1 . Consult your physician
If you or a close one shows symptoms of the flu, visit a general physician in Bhopal as soon as possible. The physician may prescribe an antiviral medication to alleviate symptoms and to avoid complications from the flu.
These drugs perform well when started as quickly as possible after being sick – within two days. So, contact the doctor as soon as possible.
2 . Stay home
If you suspect you have the flu, stay at home for the next seven days or until the symptoms have gone away for 24 hours. It will prevent you from infecting others with the virus.
3 . Take rest and be comfortable
To support the body to combat the flu, take proper rest and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, juice, and soup. Wear layers to quickly add or remove clothing if required since you could be cold one minute and hot the next.
4 . Look out for warning signs
Contact your doctor in Bhopal or go to the clinic straight away if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Persisting high fever
- Breathing difficulties or shortness of breath
- Pain or discomfort in the chest
- Severe or persisting vomiting, as well as an inability to hold food or liquids down
Let’s discuss about the,
Precautions to take to prevent the spread of flu viruses
- Clean hands with soap and water often, particularly after coughing or sneezing and before eating.
- Cover mouth and nose with a cloth as you sneeze or cough. Use the upper part of the sleeve if you don't have a napkin.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid coming into physical touch with sick people.
- When you are ill, stay at home.
- Frequently touched surfaces, mainly if anyone is sick, should be washed and sanitized.
- Get adequate sleep, exercise regularly, don't take stress, stay hydrated, and eat healthy foods.
- The best and effective way to prevent flu is to take a flu vaccine annually before the flu season starts.
Instead of waiting, anyone living alone should seek medical assistance as soon as possible.