Do you have diabetes?
Does the thought of uncontrolled diabetes terrify you?
Has your diabetes caused you other health problems?
Then, it is time you go for diabetes management in Bhopal with Dr Rashmi, one of the best general physician in Bhopal.
Diabetes is a condition characterized by abnormally elevated blood sugar or glucose levels. Blood glucose is the most essential and principal source of energy obtained from food.
Insulin is a pancreatic hormone that requires glucose from food to penetrate and be used by the cells. Glucose stays in the blood and does not reach the cells when the body develops insufficient or no insulin or does not use insulin efficiently.
Over time, high blood glucose levels will lead to diabetes or other health issues. Dr Rashmi will help you control your diabetes by providing effective diabetes management in Bhopal.
Dr Rashmi Verma is an internal medicine consultant at Bansal Hospital in Bhopal. She is a well-known doctor in Bhopal offering diabetes management, diabetic foot treatment, and other related conditions.
Continue reading to learn more about diabetes and how Dr Rashmi will help you in diabetes management.
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
The following are some of the signs and symptoms of diabetes:
- Urination regularly
- Increased thirst and dry mouth
- An increase in hunger (particularly after eating)
- Weight loss
- A sense of weakness and exhaustion
- Distorted vision
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet
- Sores or bruises that take a long time to heal
- Dry and itchy skin
- Urinary tract infections regularly.
What are the different types of diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes occurs when the insulin-producing cells (beta cells) in the pancreas are damaged. It aids the pancreas in producing less to no insulin. Due to this, sugar is unable to enter body cells to be used as energy.
Insulin injections are used to regulate blood glucose levels in Type 1 diabetes patients. It is a common form of diabetes in people under 30, but it can affect anybody. About 10% of the population in Bhopal has type 1 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes
In Type 2 diabetes, the pancreas releases insulin, so it either does not make enough or does not function properly. Nine out of ten people are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes every day.
This form of diabetes mostly affects people over the age of 40. However, if risk factors are present, it can also affect adolescents.
Dr Rashmi will assist you in controlling your blood sugar levels by providing the best type 2 diabetes management in Bhopal, which includes a healthy diet and daily exercise. Treatment can include oral glucose-lowering medications or insulin injections.
What are the causes of diabetes?
- Experience with gestational diabetes
- Family history
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) (such as infection, tumour, surgery, or accident)
- Autoimmune disorder
- Age(risk increases with age)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Elevated cholesterol or triglyceride levels throughout the blood
- Using tobacco
- Taking drugs, like steroids
How does Dr Rashmi diagnose diabetes?
- Urine examination:
High blood glucose levels can be detected using a urine test. Dr. Rashmi can diagnose diabetes if your blood glucose level is higher than 200 mg/dL. She might order further testing to confirm the diagnosis.
- Glucose tolerance measure in the mouth:
Before Dr. Rashmi takes the blood for examining she will ask you to drink a solution that contains a certain quantity of glucose. Dr. Rashmi will take blood every 30 to 60 minutes after you drink the solution. The test would most likely take three hours.
- A fasting blood sugar test:
A fasting blood sugar test is performed after not eating or drinking anything for at least eight hours. It is common to have a fasting blood glucose level of less than 100 mg/dl (5.6 mmol/l).
- Check for glycated haemoglobin (A1C):
The A1C exam does not require you to fast. The A1C test measures the normal blood sugar levels for the last two to three months.
It calculates the amount of blood sugar bound to haemoglobin. The higher your blood sugar content is, the more sugar is added to haemoglobin.
If the A1C level is 6.5 percent or higher on two different checks, you have diabetes. An A1C average of 5.7 percent to 6.4 percent indicates pre-diabetes. Blood sugar is normal when the A1C test percentage is less than 5.7 percent.
What are the risks of uncontrolled diabetes?
- Retinopathy (eye disease):
Any diabetic patient should see an ophthalmologist for a dilated eye exam (eye specialist).
- Nephropathy (kidney disease):
All patients should have a urine test once a year because high blood glucose can lead to kidney disease. You should also monitor your blood pressure regularly.
Blood pressure should be kept below 140/90 in most adults. Swelling in the legs or feet could be a sign of kidney disease, so make an appointment with Dr Rashmi.
- Neuropathy (nervous system disorder)
Over time, diabetes can cause nerve damage. Having diabetes makes it difficult to sense feelings in one's extremities. People also fail to notice that their shoes are rubbing because of the disorder. You are more prone to develop diabetic foot sores, bruises, and blisters because of the lack of awareness.
Dr. Rashmi's diabetes management strategy
While diabetes cannot be cured forever, it can be treated and maintained. So, Dr Rashmi ensures that she offers the most effective diabetes management in Bhopal:
- Dr. Rashmi's diabetes management goals are to maintain regular blood glucose levels by balancing food consumption with medicine and exercise.
- She will also inform you about how to track your blood glucose levels at home.
- Dr. Rashmi will give you medications and diet advice to maintain blood cholesterol and triglyceride (lipid) levels.
- She will also prescribe medications or lifestyle changes to maintain a blood pressure of less than 140/90.
- Dr. Rashmi will make sure she prevents or delays the occurrence of diabetes-related health problems.
- You must take the correct medications and follow the directions on how and when to take them.
- Follow up on all your appointments with Dr Rashmi and do all your lab tests as directed.