Hypertension is diagnosed as the pressure in the arteries increases above 130/90 mm of mercury as determined by a blood pressure (BP) machine.
However, being mindful of the diagnosis and being aware of the steps everyone should take to keep the blood pressure under control can help avoid hypertension-related problems and live a regular life.
When a patient consults Dr. Rashmi Verma, one of the best general physician doctor in Bhopal, she first examines the patient and asks for symptoms experienced.
Further, if the patient is diagnosed with high blood pressure, Dr. Rashmi Verma focuses on providing the most effective hypertension management in Bhopal.
Besides, she also specializes in treating diabetes and associated complications like diabetic foot, etc. At present, Dr. Rashmi Verma works as a Senior Resident in the Department of Internal Medicine at AIIMS, Bhopal.
Moreover, she is a dedicated general physician in Bhopal, having 7+ years of experience diagnosing and managing patients with acute and chronic conditions.
Continue reading this article to know about hypertension, its symptoms, causes, treatment, and more.
Now, let’s know,
What are the Symptoms of Hypertension?
Hypertension is referred to as the "silent killer." Despite getting elevated blood pressure, some people have no complaints. However, some of the common complaints in patients with high BP are:
What Causes Hypertension?
- Intake of excessive salt and oil
- Mental stress
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise
- Diabetes and kidney disease
Now, let’s understand,
Why Should Hypertension Be Treated?
If hypertension is left untreated, it may result in the following conditions, which can be life-threatening:
- Heart disease
- Kidney failure
- Harm to arteries
- Reduced vision
- Sudden death
What Is the Treatment For Hypertension?
Apart from medications, the treatment for hypertension to control risk factors includes lifestyle changes such as:
- Limitation of salt in the diet
- Increased consumption of fresh fruits, vegetables, and unprocessed grains
- Daily exercise, yoga, and meditation
- Quitting smoking and alcohol
- Weight reduction
- Sufficient rest and stress management
- Regulation of diabetes
What Role Do Medicines Play In Hypertension Management?
- Many medicines are available to treat hypertension. After recording a complete medical history and doing a thorough physical test, the doctor will determine the best treatment for the patient.
- The patient must take medications on time as prescribed by the physician.
- Moreover, the patient should memorize the names of the prescriptions and never skip or forget to take them.
- Regular check-ups with the doctor are necessary to monitor the blood pressure since it can necessitate a change in the medical care plan.
- The doctor can recommend blood tests, ECGs, and eye exams at regular intervals to monitor general health.
Make an appointment with Dr. Rashmi Verma to get the most effective hypertension management in Bhopal.